Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Vaniya

Gorgeous map, Ramah Have some rep!
    Regards,

RK

I did not see your map as it progressed in the WIP section but as I look now I can not believe how far it has come. And worth every bit of any blood sweat or tears that went into it. You have set the bar for me. A wonderful piece of art.

Rep Added
    "We might experience some turbulence, then explode." - Mal, Firefly

Absolutely wonderful map. Have to say that it is by far one of the best, if not the best, I have ever seen. Along side with some of your other creations. I hope that in time you will find it to share with us more maps from the world you have created. Maybe we can see the origin land of the invaders?

Blog Entries

Thank you, Exin.

To be honest I have no idea about the land from which the Mandrai come other than the vague jungley habitat. All I know is that they moved to Vaniya by necessity as their own land was dying and becoming unable to sustain life. This is happening to varying degrees to other lands too, depending upon their relative proximity to Vaniya. Damn those pesky humans and their desire for power.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

Well, the continent of Vaniya looks wonderful, but after seeing it you simply can't wonder how the whole world looks like ^^, it's the feeling that you want to see more and more. In any case, like I have seen so many saying this before, great work, especially in delimiting the kingdoms, very fine work indeed. I am a fan, I don't know how to make maps, but I can recognize a work of art when I can see one.

This map is truly a pleasure to look at and enjoy. Definitely art.

Guild Apprentice

Wow, this is quite an amazing piece of mapping. Some of the subtle details are just incredible. The colour scheme is perfect whilst the lettering is also of a frightening high standard. I know this is an oldie, but it most certainly is a goodie!

Guild Novice Facebook Connected Martynas Martin's Avatar

Beatifully drawn. The quality of small details is amazing. Most of the continental maps have small details, but the you zoom in, view blurs. This one is just awesome. Keep on good work!

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected Robulous's Avatar

Fantastic, really beautiful and the detail is extravagant. I particularly love the faded text, it's very evocative. I also love the folded paper effect - how did you achieve that? It's a very good idea.

My only crit you've probably heard before - on the right is the Eastern something, sea or ocean I assume but the label is cut off.

Anyway, love it. Jealous.

Guild Novice

Really amazing work, big fan of ALL your maps.
    Like Immolate said : "I am in awe of your mappiness and can't think of superlatives that are sufficient superlative to describe it."

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast