Thread: May Entry: Hover Race [Tiles]

Guild Member

Wip May Entry: Hover Race [Tiles]

Ugggh, deadlines. I'll do my best...

Anywho, going with a tile system to be used in person, though I'm sure some VTT trickery could get it to work online. It will consist of a start tile, an end tile, and "filler tiles". The start tile would be laid out, the end tile set aside, and then the remaining tiles shuffled for randomness. A tile is dealt from the top, laid out to continue the track from the previous tile, rinse repeat. After the middle tiles, the finish tile would end the track.

As far as theme, I'm thinking futuristic hover-car race (a sort of hats off to the first game I remember being addicted to, F-Zero on the SNES). So, filler tiles could include traps, jumps, obstacles, sharp turns, etc. I may also do a few single squares so the DM can customize the track further.

I'll size the tiles to be printable on 8-1/2 x 11 paper, so no large-format printers needed (sorry GP!)

On a terrible side note, the tablet laptop took a fall (it wasn't even a nasty fall, from couch seat onto carpet) and the tablet isn't registering. She still boots, screen works, just not the pen. I'll try poppin her open and see if its just something simple like a disconnected cable... keep her in your hearts and minds folks...

Post Excellent idea!

Excellent idea! And as long as your final tiles are uploaded as image tiles here, at the 100 ppi resolution, it should work fine for VT apps.

Sounds like Hover Car Wars!

Hurray! More entries!

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Guild Member

Alright, so I sat down and had a good talk with myself about whether the work I was doing. I looked at the other entries and the amount of effort going into those, compared it to what I was doing, and decided I could do better. So here's the redux of my Hover Tiles:

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Starting Line.png 
Views:	159 
Size:	3.59 MB 
ID:	13472