Thread: WIP - The Eren Regions - Guardians of the Flame

Post WIP - The Eren Regions - Guardians of the Flame

Here's a little map I'm doing just for fun, to play with my hexGIMP script. It's a TSR-style hex version of the map from Joel Rosenberg's "Guardians of the Flame" series. The original map has lots of blank, open spaces, and it's been a while since the last time I read the books, so I don't know how to fill in large portions of it. I've used farmland or grassland for now. I've started re-reading, but if we happen to have any series experts here who have any suggestions, their advice would be welcome

Anyway, it's not quite finished, but here it is so far:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	eren_regions.png 
Views:	316 
Size:	319.3 KB 
ID:	13314  
    Last edited by isomage; 05-15-2009 at 07:54 AM. Reason: Updated map
    My random map generators and GIMP scripts: http://axiscity.hexamon.net/users/isomage/

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

I always liked that style of map, great start.

Guardians of the Flame - I had pretty much forgotten about that series, pretty enjoyable from what I remember of it.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

I wouldn't put it on par with Tolkien or anything, but it's a lot of fun and is one of my favorite fantasy series. I've only read the first five or so books, though; the first is the best, and after a certain main character dies it's just not the same.

And yeah, there's just something about a hex map...
    Last edited by isomage; 05-15-2009 at 05:35 AM.
    My random map generators and GIMP scripts: http://axiscity.hexamon.net/users/isomage/

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Haha, love it ... and love the series, too A must-read for any tabletop player!

Very nice, crisp map. I usually don't like repetition but I think the repetitive map tiles look really nice in this context.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Love me some old school and this one looks nice.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps