Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Help us with the Cartographers Choice! - Rate Maps!

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Info Help us with the Cartographers Choice! - Rate Maps!

Well, we've been utilizing the Thread Rating function to pretty good success over at the Tutorials forum, and its helped prompt more and more tutorial development which is a HUGE draw to the site.

This thread rating system is actually quite helpful for other reasons as well...For example, as of now, the community leaders keep an eye on the Finished Maps forum and choose maps to feature based on their own personal opinions. But you, the guild members, can help "influence" their decisions by rating Finished Maps threads in this forum the same way we do over at the Tutorials forum.

Just click on a thread, and up at the top portion of the thread right there to the right of the original post of the thread is a Rate Thread menu. Click it, and be honest in your ratings. Don't just go around throwing 5's around. I'd like to see all the finished maps get rated.
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Just when I thought that I was gonna have a night to sit back and play some Sacred...why have I never thought of rating finished maps? Looks like gaming will have to wait another night or two. I won't be rating my own maps but I'll try to get all of the others done this weekend.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Blog Entries

In other news...any thread in any of our forums can be rated...this caan be used to just specify which threads are "successful" lol

I gave this thread 5 of 5 compasses
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

So how come the index of the Finished Maps isn't showing the ratings like the Tutorials index does? Is this still in the works?
    -÷-÷-÷-÷-÷-÷
    “It is not down in any map; true places never are.” (Herman Melville)

“A good map is both a useful tool and a magic carpet to far away places." (unknown)

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

There's a minimum of votes that are needed before a rating shows. I think it's 5 but it might be larger. So chip in on the threads and the ratings should show up soon enough.

Professional Artist Guild Donor Sapiento's Avatar

Question Double post?

Is it possible or allowed to post finished maps from a challenge thread in the Finished Maps thread, too?
    I hope that's not the wrong thread to ask this question.

Blog Entries

I don't see why it would be a problem, but I woudl wait til the challenge is over and voting is complete before doing so.

What ever happened with rating finished maps and threads?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast