Thread: UBORA A New World

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip UBORA A New World

OK I have had this in my head for years but only now was abel to get to it as I have gotten a copy of CS2.
    The world is called UBORA. The centeral nation I am creating is a kindof a cross between Excalibur and the Holy Roman Empire c.900ACE to 1200ACE. The empire is rulled by the church of Aluval. A Lawfull Good God. They have a Pontif and an Emperor. This is not a secular government. All government positions are assigned to clerics depending on their rank and powers.

I am useing FTPro to creat the world outline. Just the coast and no land. I want to build it up myself. I have Photoshop CS2 and Illustrator CS2. I am using Pasi's fab tutorial on mountain building because it allows finer controll using my Wacom Bamboo tablet.

This is a learning runthrough and not a finished map. I just would like opinions on the forest fill (does it look good at this large scale?) and some on the mountains. The scale is very big. The land is almost 700 miles across here. Any and all comments and ideas welcome.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	forest test.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	231.1 KB 
ID:	13339