Thread: PS Plug-ins Not Working in Xara

Post PS Plug-ins Not Working in Xara

Okay, I downloaded the Xara trial and like it so far. One of the things that made me want to try it is that it's suppose to support my ps plug-ins. However, when I choose an effect and it takes me to the photoshop effects screen, my image doesn't appear there. Then, if I accept the chosen effect, when I go back to the Xara screen, the chosen object is now black. Anyone know what I did wrong?

Post hmmm

Although I'm not sure what the problem is, let me look at it today and see what's up, being the resident Xara expert I should be able to give you some answer. It should work no problem, but I'll have to see.

GP
    Gamer Printshop - We print RPG Maps for Game Masters!
    http://www.gamer-printshop.com

Kaidan setting of Japanese Horror (PFRPG) Google+ community

Any help would be welcome. I wonder if this has anything to do with folder setup? I checked it again, and i believe I placed it in the right place. Or maybe it's an 8 vs 16 bit type of thing? I just dont get it. I want to like this software. I am tempted to order serif drawplus x3 just to try it, since I own Pageplus X2 and love it to pieces. However, I am not company loyalist, and will go to whatever product is the most useful and intuitive for me. I use photoshop for most of my artistic needs, but want a vector program strictly for fantasy rpg maps, from dungeon crawls to starship deck plans. I have just started to get the hang of Inkscape, but would like something more user friendly and with more tools for traditional artists.

Post More info please

While you may have had an install issue, which I cannot answer not knowing how you did with this. It would help me to know which photoshop plug-in you were trying to use and what kind of vector graphic was being employed with the plug-in.

I just ran some simple tests on Xara using different plug-ins and could not replicate the problem you describe. More info from you might give me better direction in how to help you.

One more thing, I know that not all PS plug-ins work with Xara.

GP
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 05-16-2009 at 01:41 PM.
    Gamer Printshop - We print RPG Maps for Game Masters!
    http://www.gamer-printshop.com

Kaidan setting of Japanese Horror (PFRPG) Google+ community