Thread: My map so far.

Post My map so far.

Here's what I go so far. I'm scared it's too small though. I don't know how to enlarge it without making it look nasty pixelated.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...progress-1.png
    Someday I will think of a joke about why it takes so many humans to short-circuit an Omnius.

I would appreciate some feedback if you guys got any.
    Someday I will think of a joke about why it takes so many humans to short-circuit an Omnius.

Post Re: My map so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred.Stone
    I'm scared it's too small though.
    Looks good so far!

Regarding the size the real question is.....What are you planing to use it for?

Remember (not to preach, but......)
    [preach on]
    The primary point of a map is to convey information (secondary, IMOO is to be "art").

So, answer these questions:
    1) Is the map intended to be "in-game" or in real life?
    1a) If "in-game" consider - who made it and why? who was it made for?
    1b) If real life consider is it a player handout, or a DM reference, (or even not for a game of any sort...)
    2) What is the map intended to inform people of? Is is a trade-route map? A map of kingdom territories? A religious map (i.e heavens/deities in relation to the world)? A road map? A map of resources? A navigation (sea) map? A military map? A treasure map?
    3) Map style - modern, fantasy, historically "traditional".
    4) Map "look" (media) - monochrone (or wood cut), coloured (watercolour wash, modern print, areal-photorealistic)
    5) Media - print (what size)? web?
    6) Map scale - local, city, region, world, or planet?
    7) Following scale is the level of detail required.

Once you decide these, you will know if the size you made it is is appropriate
    [preach off]

Remember, it is far easier to scale down then up (except for text), so consider making your maps as big as manageable...

-Rob A>

Oh. I figured out that I just had the compression set too high. I need to set it to a lower number to keep the original size.

It was basically going to just be a map for a novel I'm writing, but when I started seeing all this fancy stuff I got a little jealous. I still don't think my map is good enough. So basic.

If you don't have the time to polish your skills, you could always post over in the Mapmaking Request forum Someone might be willing to do one for you.....

-Rob A>