Thread: doodling

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

Wip doodling

This is something that I played with for a bit. It is done using the tut on SRTM data (http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=5337) by vehrka applied to data for the Falkland Islands. I might transfer my campaign here for a bit after I work on this map some more. Not sure if I will though. I like the method outlined by vehrka a lot so will be using it again soon I hope. All the above will depend on my time available (pitifully poor atm )

Anyhoot.. c&c welcome and any suggestions as to where to go with this as well.

I haven't settled on a scale yet, but thinking continental
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Falland4.png 
Views:	82 
Size:	2.65 MB 
ID:	13372  
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Interesting shapes, kinda looks like a wind started in the center and blew the landmasses outward.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steel General View Post
    Interesting shapes, kinda looks like a wind started in the center and blew the landmasses outward.
    yeah. I have been fascinated with the Falkland Island for quite a while due to the land shape. I think since the Brits had a tussle there. I had even tried making maps of it for gaming before (photocopy, trace, photocopy, trace, color, get disappointed, scrap it, repeat) but never was satisfied.

Glad someone put up a tut on using real world data
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent