Thread: Hello~

Guild Apprentice

Post Hello~

Greetings,

I posted once so I felt I should make an introduction post too.

I found this place after searching for something that could help me make maps and dungeons for my roleplaying games using Fantasy Grounds.
    Thus I ended up buying CC3 with the DD3 addon last weekend.
    I haven't had time to play that much with it yet due to too much studies, but I'm having fun trying to recreate the lair of the Ghostlord in WotC's Red Hand of Doom adventure. It's a blast!

Looking forward to borrow ideas, see the great work posted here and hopefully learn a lot.

-Leonal

Professional Artist

Hi Leonel,

I'm new to this forum as well and am hoping to offer some technical and supportive advice for cartographers, GMs, and gamers alike on maps and whatnot. I am working on some tutorials and some possible texture maps expansion products to enable end users with some other options for making their maps more realistic and to use a different set of tools to do the creative work. Good luck.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Sounds like fun! I did the same with City of the Spider Queen when I first bought CC2 It's a great way to learn to use the software without the added pressure of making it all up - plus we were able to print it at a scale big enough to put minis on.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard and Map On!!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Guild Apprentice

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Yes, starting by copying a premade map seemed like a good idea while using the tips given in various tutorials.
    It's good to see that both professionals and hobbyists can give advice and learn here.

Welcome to the guild.

I have written a few tuts, nothing special, feel free to check the links in my profile!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Guild Apprentice

Thank you NeonKnight.

I'll definitely look at your tutorials, thanks^^

While browsing the forums I noticed there are some recreated WotC dungeon maps of non OGL material? Is it okay to post recreations as long as the original author is credited, or how is the policy on this?
    I am curious since I am currently recreating Red Hand of Doom map(s) for my group, and getting criticism is rather hard if I cannot post the maps.
    edit: found my answer here http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...3733#post63733
    Last edited by Leonal; 05-20-2009 at 11:34 PM. Reason: Answer found elsewhere