Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [unpaid]Duel Arenas

Is this any use?
    Just a first draft, playing with an idea. I can alter it pretty much any way you like, or scrap it entirely.

A chamber perhaps 100ft by 50ft with pillars, 4 entry doors each fronted with a palisade, a central wooden platform a couple of wooden posts and some barrels.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Arena.JPG 
Views:	60 
Size:	404.3 KB 
ID:	13747  
    Mapping a Traveller ATU.

See my (fantasy-based) apprenticeship blog at:

http://www.viewing.ltd.uk/cgi-bin/vi...forums&sx=1024

Look for Chit Chat, Sandmann's blog. Enjoy.

Well, thank you. Really.. (:

It looks good but I was looking something more like these: http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=860

With grids and better colorings.. But well, this will also do if I could have grids on it. Thanks again, I really appreciate your work. (:

Here is a barebones underground dungeon map I made while playing around. I made this in about 15 minutes of playing(and so could you with about an hour of getting textures you like as well as learning GIMP). Once you have your base structure in place of whatever shape, another hour or so of finding objects to be obstacles and your done. Of course, once you have your "set dressing" objects, you could use them on as many maps as you wanted in seconds each.

Another thing that was not mentioned: how are these maps going to be presented? Ie, do they need to be a specific size for printing, or a certain size for use in a VTT like Maptool or whatever? If the map will just be printed on screen, will you need coordinates so that players can say where they are moving to (think of Chess coordinates, Knight to G4 or something like that.) Also, any specific size limits(ie, your server won't let you upload files larger than X MB for example) These details really help the artists be able to present something you can use in the least amount of time.
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Quote Originally Posted by Danbereth View Post
    Well, thank you. Really.. (:

It looks good but I was looking something more like these: http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=860

With grids and better colorings.. But well, this will also do if I could have grids on it. Thanks again, I really appreciate your work. (:

LOL. Very tactful. So that's a scrap it and start again.

I've been planning to play around with Torstan's dungeon tiles that he posted recently, so this sounds like a good excuse.

Square grids is easy, hex grids is harder for me but doable.
    Mapping a Traveller ATU.

See my (fantasy-based) apprenticeship blog at:

http://www.viewing.ltd.uk/cgi-bin/vi...forums&sx=1024

Look for Chit Chat, Sandmann's blog. Enjoy.

After seeing jfrazierjr's Dwarven Outpost map, I taught "well, I guess I found the last map I needed."

That dungeon would really help me, if you'd let me use it. And it will be the 6th and the last map I was in need of.. So if jfrazierjr accepts, I'm done and I really do appreciate being helped by you people.

I have two official duel arenas from WotC and four unofficial duel arenas (That's if jfrazierjr gives me permission). Three of NeonKnight and one of jfrazierjr..

Quote Originally Posted by Danbereth View Post
    After seeing jfrazierjr's Dwarven Outpost map, I taught "well, I guess I found the last map I needed."

That dungeon would really help me, if you'd let me use it. And it will be the 6th and the last map I was in need of.. So if jfrazierjr accepts, I'm done and I really do appreciate being helped by you people.

I have two official duel arenas from WotC and four unofficial duel arenas (That's if jfrazierjr gives me permission). Three of NeonKnight and one of jfrazierjr..
    You are free to use that map for Non Commercial use as long as attribution (ie, give me credit and link back to the guild post) is done where-ever you repost it.
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Consider it done (: Thanks for permission..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12