Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New here, welcoming comments

Professional Artist

Info New here, welcoming comments

Hey all. I'm new to this forum, but am a longtime artist in the RPG and gaming community. I'm glad to be a part of this community of gamers and artists who bring the gametable to life with art. I illustrate the maps for Paizo Publishing's GameMastery Line and WotC's Star Wars RPG Dawn of Defiance online maps. These are a blast to create. I am working on some possible product ideas to help the VTT and map making community. I would like some feedback to what would be ideal for a beginning pack<terrain, tiles, objects, effects>. I know that PSDs and PNG files are best. I'm also plan to write tutorials to be included in this proposed product. Please start discussions here or email me. Thanks.
    -Corey Macourek

Post Ah, you made it.

Welcome to the Guild! (again)

Perhaps if you can upload some samples of your work, we can get you approved for industry pro status. Regarding samples, although we sometimes post All Rights Reserved maps to these boards, one must insure the proper licensing is mentioned so others do not download to their hearts content.

If you have any personal maps (not property to Paizo or WotC) to upload you ought to - the community wants to see your work. Besides you'll want some REP and the best way to get that is to show off maps.

You might also post your VT project ideas to the VT forum below.

Again welcome to the Guild and good luck on your project!

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Welcome to the Guild!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Hey Corey,

Glad to see you made it over. I look forward to seeing some of your maps.

Best,

Jon

Blog Entries

Hi,

I think PNGs with full RGBA are a given now for VTTs. Some rely on them exclusively but all of them use them as the mainstay or can import them.

I would assume your familiar with whats out there already but the items in the CUSAC are a big collection and Devins got loads of characters too. Theres also the Dundjinni art forums which people use a lot. There is also the RPGMapShare site with a lot of items up too. There's a lot of stuff that's hard to come by esp in the non fantasy areas. Plenty of stuff to choose to draw but whether there's a big market to buy packs I don't know so much.

Would like a drool over some great art if you have any to post.

HEY COREY! It's me! Krome! From Paizo! You're in for it now, cause I can ask for advice here!

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Welcome to the guild. I'm sure that you will find more than enough info here to help you out...it might take some time to dig it up since there are a ton of things to go thru but the info is there. Cheers and have fun.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

As for Corey's Industry Pro status, I think we can probably let him in:

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_g...courek&x=0&y=0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast