Thread: The Dundjinni forums

Post The Dundjinni forums

Dundjinni is mapmaking software specializing in photorealistic maps, especially for "tile" miniature maps. I can recommend that program, for I used it for about a year & was very happy with it. Here's their main site:

http://www.dundjinni.com/

But whether you use it or not, make sure to visit the Dundjinni user forums: it's treasure trove of downloadable objects, from floor textures to statues to trees to.... It's even searchable for your specific needs. I believe you can use its objects in CC3, and I know you can in art programs such as Photoshop.

The Dundjinni forums:
    http://www.dundjinni.com/forums/default.asp?C=4
    Don
    My gallery is here
    __________________________________________________ _______
    "Keep your mind in hell, but despair not." --Saint Silouan [1866-1938]

I will second your suggestion. I've been grabbing all kinds of pngs from there in the Western motif, and what I haven't been able to find, I've been able to make requests and more often then not someone has what I'm looking for.

Also, Heruca is a great resource and a member of these boards and has a great application called battlegrounds that allows you to drop all those wonderful pieces into a gaming interface that allows you to move player tokens around and add sound effects, and resource material. I highly recommend it as well if your mapping is for gaming purposes.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Thanks for the mention, RPMiller.

The link to my site and software is in my sig, if anyone wants to check it out.
    Looking for battlemap creation software that can be used to create gorgeous print-resolution output on Windows or Mac OS?
    Give MapForge a try.

For anyone who is interested in Dundjinni : First - the website is gone. What you get is to be redirected to a random website. Tried it four times just to make sure. Second is that you can go back and look at the old Dundjinni website by going to the WayBack Machine at the Internet Archives. Just put "Dundjinni wayback machine" into your search engine and go. The first entry (for me) did not work. The second entry did (for the Dundjinni website). Third, if you look long enough, you can find the humongeous art zip file which has a lot of the artwork from dundjinni. Third, the ORIGINAL art work and art packs are in XML format - but encrypted. So you need to know what the password is in order to unencrypt them. By the way - I DO NOT know the password. Fourth - IF YOU HAVE Dundjinni and want to run it under Windows 7,8, 8.1, 10, and beyond - you MUST install the Java Runtime v1.5. Dundjinni won't work with current day Java installations. No matter what Java people tell you about all of them being compatible. You MUST have that runtime installed or Dundjinni will not work. (Available on the Wayback Machine at the bottom of the main dundjinni webpage.) Yes, Java 1.5 is insecure - but if you want to get Dundjinni up and running - it has to be there. You can uninstall it afterwards if you want. Anyway, this is just a FYI for everyone.
    Unless otherwise stated, all my works are protected under CC BY-NC-ND.
    Photo Album : http://www.cartographersguild.com/album.php?u=88001

Mark Olivia on this website has converted the Dundjinni art archives to a few other more modern mapmaking programs: https://www.vintyri.org/vintyri/ along with some of his own assets and Bogie's.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!