Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ICE commission: Cyradon Awakened Lands

Map ICE commission: Cyradon Awakened Lands

OK, I finally completed this map for Iron Crown commission. I had to tweak it about 4 times, since their rough draft was really rough and I had missed some detail they required.

Also, against my grain, I had to place a river anamoly. If you look at that larger city labeled in gold, called Belynar, just to the south of it is a forested plateau. If you notice the river from the south forks downstream (meh) around that plateau, one side joins one river to the sea, the otherside to another river to the sea. Like I said, not my choice, but required for the commission, oh well.

Now its time to get paid.

This is an All Rights Reserved map, so no downloading, just viewing please - it will be available in future Iron Crown Enterprises HARP game products.

GP
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 05-20-2009 at 11:14 AM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Neat stuff GP!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Before submitting that, you may want to fix a few errors on it.

Notibly, the text/font. In places the Contours.& other features are over top the text:

Belynar
    Kausur
    Sansur
    Nostin
    Rhona Valley
    Paliranur

otherwise. Good Job
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Post Whoops!

I fixed those labels, but after I removed the file here, I intended to reupload, then realized it was over 5 MB this time so too big to load. I need to go back and resize again, and upload again, probably later today.

I didn't reallize the size issue until after I removed the previous one - whoops!

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Very cool map - I saw it before you deleted it.

Congratulations on the ICE work. It's looking really good.

Map Rescaled!

Got it now!

GP
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cyradon.jpg 
Views:	512 
Size:	2.67 MB 
ID:	13467  
    DrivethruRPG store

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerprinter View Post
    This is an All Rights Reserved map, so no downloading, just viewing please - it will be available in future Iron Crown Enterprises HARP game products

I wonder if perhaps we should have a discussion about commercially commissioned maps posted here and watermarking. My theory is that people who come here looking at the maps and are not full time community members may just look at a map and grab it and may not have read every post in the thread. My thought is that a watermark(perhaps one that covers most of the map) however is fairly hard to ignore(assuming you speak the language of the OP) while still making enough of the map visible for us users to get an idea of how well your work turned out. Granted, watermarks are able to be defeated fairly easily, but at least at that point, you have a trail that the stealer of the image as malicious in intent...

Sorry for the threadjack... Not sure if anyone has any comments that would warrant a new thread for discussion of this topic....
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

It is a good point JFJr... not sure how many of us it would actually affect. Maybe we create a separate forum just for commissioned work *shrugs*
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Honestly, I question the posting of them at all. There are so many pirated copies of movies that you can get before the advertisers ever start brainstorming that sooner or later one of these maps is going to turn up somewhere it shouldn't. I'm fine with posting snippets, sort of like a teaser or movie trailer, but posting a whole map...I dunno. You could type out a disclaimer in the biggest font possible and still there would be a punk somewhere out there just trying to rain on someone's parade in order to prove how cool he is to other "mom's basement" dwellers (which I was for a time so that makes me uncool too). My 2 cents.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Guild Journeyer

I like to see commissioned work to use as a benchmark for my own skill development. To see if the maps I make are "good enough" or on "that level". So all in all I hope to see them when available. I agree that anyone could pirate it, however I cant see them (fantasy maps) being used any other way than for "personal use" at their own game table. Sure some person will tell their friend THEY made the map but i cant see a map taken from this site being republished for commercial use. As soon as it goes to publication its legal plagiarism and the gaming industry isnt nearly large enough that it could be republished without being noticed. A major columnist for a large NY? newspaper just got caught plagiarizing a paragraph from a Blog. It was noticed even amongst all the articles and blogs on the subject (Bush and Cheney). The gaming community is so small i cant see how you could Publish something without SOMEONE noticing it from somewhere else. Not a FACT but assumable. I vote for watermarking just to keep the commisioning companies and the members of this site as integrated as it is. (I hope it gets to the point where this is the first place an RPG company would come to, to recruit a cartographer - we offer many different styles)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast