Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do CC3 and CD3 have GM/player views like Fractal Mapper?

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected

Joe:

Your mod powers are showing.
    I think, therefore I am a nerd.
    Cogito, ergo sum nerdem.

Check out my blog: "The Undiscovered Author"
    It's the story of a writer... follow me in my simple quest to get published, and share your own writing stories, adventures and writerly tips.

Pimping my worldmap here. Still WIP... long way to go, but I'm pretty proud of what I've done so far...

Thanks for the screenshots!

Quote Originally Posted by Gandwarf View Post
    I think you can open two windows in CC3 by just starting the software twice on the same computer. You can then load the same map, hide stuff in one version (for the players) and keep stuff in the other version (for the DM). Drag both windows on their own monitor, et voila?

EDIT: reading jfrazierj's post again, it's not the same as what FM can do
    Yeah - that's what I was thinking in terms of "jury rigging" the idea for CC3, but compared to Fractal Mapper, it would be a clumsy workaround.
    jaerdaph
    JUST ADD HEROES An ICONS Superpowered Roleplaying Game Blog by Joe "jaerdaph" Bardales

In my opinion, CC3 isn't really a good tool for displaying maps to the players. The interface isn't responsive enough, particularly when you're using sheet effects. Unless you've got a far more powerful computer than I do, that is.

In the circumstance described, I would make a map with visible physical features in CC3, export it as a raster image, load it up in MapTool or another proper VTT, and place any hidden or moveable objects there. That also gives the benefit of fog-of-war, lights, and line-of-sight functionality.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Quote Originally Posted by Karro View Post
    Joe:

Your mod powers are showing.
    Ummm err.... huh? Did I do something wrong again...umm I mean did I do something wrong, cause I this would be the first time....
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Quote Originally Posted by jfrazierjr View Post
    Ummm err.... huh? Did I do something wrong again...umm I mean did I do something wrong, cause I this would be the first time....
    I was just joking around. In your screenshots of Fractal Mapper, you can see a bit of a browser window with the Guild open in the background. At least one of those has a Moderator's drop-down thingy showing.
    Cogito, ergo sum nerdem.

It's the story of a writer... follow me in my simple quest to get published, and share your own writing stories, adventures and writerly tips.

Pimping my worldmap here. Still WIP... long way to go, but I'm pretty proud of what I've done so far...

Quote Originally Posted by Karro View Post
    I was just joking around. In your screenshots of Fractal Mapper, you can see a bit of a browser window with the Guild open in the background. At least one of those has a Moderator's drop-down thingy showing.
    ROFL... I was thinking perhaps you hacked into my computer and turned my camera on and was watching what I was really doing... ummmm errr... which was nothing..yea... nothing.
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Quote Originally Posted by jfrazierjr View Post
    ROFL... I was thinking perhaps you hacked into my computer and turned my camera on and was watching what I was really doing... ummmm errr... which was nothing..yea... nothing.
    Man, I almost forgot about my super-awesome l33t H4X0r skilz. I can see why you were worried, now.
    Cogito, ergo sum nerdem.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12