Thread: Big Iron Vault saying hello

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post Big Iron Vault saying hello

Hello everyone, I was invited to join this forum by Loogie who mentioned that there's some great talent here in regards to map making. I publish a gaming magazine and currently working on an in house RPG (haven't been announced yet). www.bigironvault.com

I hope that I'll be able to find someone here to help me make a map of the world that the RPG is based in. In addition, if anyone wants to say write up an article regarding map making or something like that (or anything for that matter) please let me know. We have a few pages left for the second issue and I think it would be a really neat article to read.

Thanks!

Keith

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Welcome to the guild. You are about to get hit with a ton of maps and portfolios; hope you don't mind You've come to the right place for that but also feel free to look around and contribute as often as you like.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Guild Journeyer

It might be a good idea to express where you want these submissions to be sent to. For some reason I cant Privet Message you (post count maybe?) through your CartoGuild profile. I have looked at your site, would you prefer the submissions to be made through your site? and where?

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard!

@Lathorien = Yup, not enough posts yet for you to PM him.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

I'm going to have to work on my post count then!

I have some experience with CC2 and CC3 but nothing much more than that. On that note, I will be able to send some of my previous works and see what comes back. Ideally, I'd like to organize the submissions from here.

Let me build up my post count or if you can't wait please email me at my email here that I use for the forum.

Thanks,

Keith

Oh one more thing, what is the "standard" types of agreements between publishers and cartographers for this site for maps made?

There is no 'standard' , the Guild itself simply acts as a forum at which cartographers and publishers might meet but how they choose to deal with each other afterwards is entirely up to them.

If there is an existing map on the forum that you would like to use, your best bet is to pm the person who drew it.

Quote Originally Posted by BigIronVault View Post
    I hope that I'll be able to find someone here to help me make a map of the world that the RPG is based in.
    Post up a request in the Mapping Request forum (please read the sticky which indicated what information to provide), so your request doesn't get lost in the member intro threads.

-Rob A>

Awesome thanks, I need to draft some details in the template ahead of time.

Welcome to the Guild!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave