Thread: The Good, The Bad, and the Fugly

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post The Good, The Bad, and the Fugly

Good Morning Fellow Guildmembers,

This is a few of my beforementioned works of varying degrees of success in an equally varying stages of progress, using MS Paint, Photoshop CS (and in one example, Photoshop 4) and my all-time favourite tool, Fractal Terrains.

Achatia - As if you couldn't tell, I got the terrain from FT - best money I have ever spent on a program in my opinion. I dumped the Altitude and Gaia images of the same image onto Photoshop and tweaked the opacity of one or the other just to give it a bit better texture and relief. The rest of the effects were produced by randomly selecting filters on Photoshop.

Cutter's Gap - was produced for a fantasy RP (The Nether-realm) for a battle. It serves it's purpose well, despite the crude and obvious use of MS Paint!

Danesium Castle - This is most likely an aborted attempt, but I am as happy to show my mistakes and ill-conceived concepts as I am to show whatever margin of success I ever produce!

map - I've got a soft-spot for this one. I produced this entirely with an earlier version of Photoshop, for a story I aborted a long, long, long time ago. It was my first go at using a computer to draw maps, as my hand-based skills are woeful (don't tell the ladies).

Thank you all for your consideration This is why I joined the Guild - to learn and to grow!

Regards,

RK

P.S - Sorry for originally posting this in the Finished Maps directory!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Achatia.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	371.0 KB 
ID:	13509   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cutter's Gap 2.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	155.3 KB 
ID:	13510   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Danesium Castle.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	187.4 KB 
ID:	13511   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	map.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	90.0 KB 
ID:	13512