Thread: Erdis

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip Erdis

Here are just two maps I just made for my new world, Erdis.

I just made this in GIMP. Nothing else to say, except any tips on making it look better would be appreciated as I am pretty new to this whole thing.

And then this one is of a continent, Haradvar. Which you can see is sort of in the North/Northwest in the world map. This is just hand done with the labels done in GIMP after scanning it, hence the notebook rings in the corner.

Just posting these for any feedback because I plan to make a lot more maps for Erdis and I think your advice could help me a lot!

Edit: Here is a population distribution map as well, the lighter the more people.

Last edited by eadrian; 05-21-2009 at 10:14 PM.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

These are nice, man. Not much I'd even think about changing except on the first one there appears to be a light yellow ring around the landmasses (I'd dump that or turn the opacity way down). I like the pop dist map, cool idea.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

I commented on the second map in another thread.
    The first map is really well done also and I like the idea about the third map. Are you making an atlass of your world?
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...