Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: [Award Winner] Hand drawn mtns. and other stylistic map elements for use in PS/GIMP

Ironmetal, thanks for showing how this can be accomplished. It's a style that I really like. Perhaps I missed the explanation but once you have the images scanned in do you set the white to transparent and simply copy/paste the features into your map or do you convert them to brushes/tubes and use them in a more painterly manner?

Default This tutorial has been PDFed!

Hi, All.

I wanted to let everyone know that I have taken ironmetal250's wonderful "Hand drawn mtns. and other stylistic map elements for use in PS/GIMP" and created a PDF tutorial out of it.

It is available in the Photoshop Tutorials section of the Tutorials in PDF Format thread located in the "Tutorials/How To" forum.

Enjoy!

Regards,

Vandy
    In the end you will see, you is you and me is me.
    © May 29, 1980

Hi! I can see that this thread haven't been used in a while, but reading it helped me out a bit in my own work - but I seem to have a problem!
    When making brushes the larger mountains and objects are ok and look pretty good, but the smaller I make them (in scale with the other objects) the more Photoshop creates flow jitter. I can't seem to turn that off?

Here are some of my mountains, these are the larger ones; as you can see there's some "grass" below the third upper mountain and making a brush with that creates this jitter effect. I didn't want to create too large brushes and made them something like 200 x 200 pixels for the largest one and then scaled them down from that one largest object.
    http://i.imgur.com/ylpFK.jpg

I would like to know how you make your (all of you) brushes and what size you make them. What size is reasonable for a usual run-of-the-mill map?

Kind regards
    URXED

Awesome stuff, thanks for sharing your techniques.

Thanks for the tute! very nice!

Guild Applicant

Awesome. Thanks for the inspiration.

Guild Novice Facebook Connected
    Blog Entries

Thanks for this tutorial. At this point I want to focus on developing my hand drawn and appreciate your step-by-step explanation.

I used to use Photoshop, but now am having to adjust to GIMP. It's a struggle because of the muscle memory for all the shortcuts.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123