Post [SF] The Tartarus Prisoner Transport

TARTARUS PRISONER TRANSPORT

Production Information
    Manufacturer: Steyr-Gilmar-Baal Ltd.
    Class: Maximum Security Transport

Technical Specifications
    Length: 53.3 meters (175 ft)
    Hyperdrive System: Yes
    Crew: 21 (10 Ship Crew, 11 Prisoner Guards)
    Passengers: 50 - 100 (Prisoners)
    Cargo Capacity: 311.5 cubic meters (11,000 cubic feet)
    Maximum Travel Duration: Four Months

Usage
    Role(s): Prisoner Transport
    Affiliation: Government, Corporate, or Slavers

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tartarus-lowerdeck.jpg 
Views:	1724 
Size:	451.5 KB 
ID:	13579

Name:	tartarus-middledeck.jpg 
Views:	1420 
Size:	619.9 KB 
ID:	13580

Name:	tartarus-upperdeck.jpg 
Views:	1199 
Size:	461.3 KB 
ID:	13581
    Last edited by Turgenev; 05-24-2009 at 02:38 PM. Reason: Added Prisoner notation to the Passengers line.
    Cheers,
    Tim

Paratime Design Cartography

"Do infants have as much fun in infancy as adults do in adultery?" - Groucho Marx

Good stuff Turgenev.
    I smiled when I read the description... it's a prison transport, but apparantly it transports "passengers"
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Lovely design, Turgenev. As a Trekkie in continual relapse and recovery, I have always enjoyed looking at sumptuous designs such as this with a caring attention to detail (I always seem to look for the dunnies in starship design.)

On a side note, and I'm not sure if this would interest you at all, but there's a site called www.projectrho.com (I think), and this guy (uber-nerd x 10 to the power of 25) has this excellent section called 'So You Want To Build And Atomic Rocket?' and there are chapters and chapters of resources with regard to building a 'working' spaceship. Just thought if you were looking to step it up a notch, that site could be a real eye-opener
    Regards,

RK

Quote Originally Posted by Gandwarf View Post
    Good stuff Turgenev.
    I smiled when I read the description... it's a prison transport, but apparantly it transports "passengers"
    I'm using the term of passengers to mean not the regular crew. Besides, the prisoners are passengers - unwilling passengers perhaps but passengers all the same.

I'm going to edit that entry because I forgot to put the phrase (Prisoners) after the Passenger numbers.
    Cheers,
    Tim

"Do infants have as much fun in infancy as adults do in adultery?" - Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan K View Post
    Lovely design, Turgenev. As a Trekkie in continual relapse and recovery, I have always enjoyed looking at sumptuous designs such as this with a caring attention to detail (I always seem to look for the dunnies in starship design.)

On a side note, and I'm not sure if this would interest you at all, but there's a site called www.projectrho.com (I think), and this guy (uber-nerd x 10 to the power of 25) has this excellent section called 'So You Want To Build And Atomic Rocket?' and there are chapters and chapters of resources with regard to building a 'working' spaceship. Just thought if you were looking to step it up a notch, that site could be a real eye-opener
    That's serendipity for you. I had just discovered that link about a hour before you posted. LOL! I did a google search for the moon rocket from the Tintin books and I found the site that way. That is a great link and I was going to post it in the General Discussion section for all to see. I also got some nice pics of the rocket in question. I'm very tempted to do a retro Sci-Fi Rocket design.
    Cheers,
    Tim

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Like one of those old Flash Gordon rockets with the fins n stuff? That'd be cool.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    Like one of those old Flash Gordon rockets with the fins n stuff? That'd be cool.
    Yup. Basically something like this:

Cheers,
    Tim

Oooh, TinTin. Or Kuifje as he is called over here
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

DUDE
    This is really awesome
    Reminds me of metroid-style ship maps I used to draw (of course they weren't as good)

Thanks ironmetal250. I have to admit that I find your avatar slightly disturbing. I'm not sure if it is the various colours or because its a dancing gojira.
    Cheers,
    Tim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast