Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: More messin around

envy, envy, envy, envy!!! great map could not expect any less from a community leader, i am in love with this map!

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Love the text style. Very nice indeed, and is that top-left lighting I see? How the mighty are fallen...

Great colour scheme and some truly lovely mountains.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

T -- sometimes it's ok to go along with the conventions but the man will never hold me back, he may take my life but he'll never take my sun position! At least it'll keep me from hearing a bunch of posts about things looking down instead of up.

I had switched my main nation font from Bolton to Lightfoot but with RedEpic's use of it I switched it again so as not to look like a copycat (love that font tho so maybe next time). It's now Folkard (a similar one is called The Longest Journey). It's not properly kerned so I had to fix that manually but it looks like I forgot a spot...if you look at Bhyllith you'll see a big space between the i and the t. I took out a bunch of town labels cuz I didn't want to over clutter it. I made the fonts quite big cuz I was thinking that I'd shrink the map down 50%. If this full size one looks ok at a reduced quality then I'll stay at this size and go back and shrink down the fonts. Then I can put in labels for other things like mtns, valleys, lakes, etc. I won't label all of the rivers cuz there are a ton of em and that'd kill my map.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled-5a.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	3.55 MB 
ID:	13706  
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Blog Entries

This looks realy great. I'd say this is my favourite out of all your maps. I love the style and the palette. Great stuff.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

More great stuff Oh Ascendant One!

But what are those weird colored blobs at the top? Giant colored icebergs? (j/k)
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

I agree with the over all comments of it being beautifully crafted!
    I especially like the rivers, the fact that they look like part of the lad mass and not something that's laying over it.
    The texture is great, it reminds me of the old school maps that are "in relief", actual 3D model of the maps of counties. I'll post an image of what I'm trying describe but not making a very good job of it. It
    I tip my hat to you!

Monique
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I think this one is done. If anyone sees something let me know.

Name:	Untitled-5a.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	3.76 MB 
ID:	13789  
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

Nope, no comments. Stunning work!
    Your cartouche (as I think it's called) is especially beautiful. And I like the special features on the map, like the canyon and the vulcano.
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Here's an unlabeled version for anyone who wants to use it for a personal game.

Name:	Artheane-blank-TheAscension.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	3.41 MB 
ID:	13882  

That is another spectacular map from you! So very beautiful. Wow. And I can't even give you any rep
    -÷-÷-÷-÷-÷-÷
    “It is not down in any map; true places never are.” (Herman Melville)

“A good map is both a useful tool and a magic carpet to far away places." (unknown)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast