Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: More messin around

Very very beautiful map, Ascension. Great work!

A tiny nit to pick would be the rivers - I know you draw them in by hand, and they look very nice overall, but every now and then there's something slightly odd.

Around Fellway, for example, one of the inbound rivers is almost parallel with the outbound stream, and quite close to it. I don't see any obvious slope between the two, so I'm getting some kind of conflicting height information there. Also, the number of inbound rivers would suggest a larger outbound river, I guess...

I tried to show it on a cutout of the map, not sure if my description makes sense.

(Edit): Of course, now that I look at the scale, the two rivers are 300 miles or so apart, so it might not be a problem at all.

(Edit again): The more I think about it, the more I regret writing this post. Looking at the unlabeled version, the outbound river is even further away, and not as parallel as I had interpreted it originally.

I pondered deleting it, but I guess it'll serve as an example of what happens when a newb tries to get too clever for his own good. Heh.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Artheane_rivers.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	38.7 KB 
ID:	14070  
    Last edited by Alfar; 06-10-2009 at 06:41 AM.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

No worries at all mate, I do things like that myself all of the time Besides, you guys gotta keep me in check from time to time so that I don't get a big head I'll take a look at it and see what I think this evening.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Hey Ascension I've fallen in love with this map! You mentioned in the Finished Map thread "Artheane" that you would post a label-free version in this thread if someone inquired. Soooo could you post one for me please?!

Thanks, it's one of my favorites, too. Here's an unlabeled version, no countries or towns either - just terrain. I would ask that you use it only for personal use...don't want someone putting their own stuff on it and posting it up somewhere saying that they made it. I can't really stop it but I can ask.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Artheane-unlabeled.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	3.37 MB 
ID:	28128  
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

Thanks man! It's for a homebrew (with the help of cartographer's guild pros) D&D campaign, to be played only within my own family.

Haha... I was literally refreshing your profile watching your Current Activity as you saw this thread, managed attachments, and viewed attachments... I guess that counts as stalking... (^.^) Thanks for the quick reply!!!!!!

I get that all the time, I have to beat them off with a stick. Crazy dancing girls can't get enough of my, uh, personality - yeah that's it.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

hmmm.. where did I put that head-deflator *lol*
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Here's my butchered version of your map, Ascension:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	othaerdia.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	1.88 MB 
ID:	28216

I gave you credit at the bottom left corner.

I'm very glad that you used the same font, looks like home to me so that means nice job.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234