Thread: "Land of Randomé"

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Member

Wip "Land of Randomé"

Hi,

after my first attempt of Spiralia, I present you the "Land of Randomé". I'm going for an antique hand-drawn look. I purchased a Bamboo Fun tablet recently, and I've used it to draw mountains and rivers. The landmasses have been generated by the program "planet", like before.

I put only a couple texts because naming things brings out the worst obsessive-compusiveness in me, and I get lost in deciding which is the perfect name for everything.

I eagerly welcome criticisms. I have specially these doubts:

- The mountains: how could I improve them? They don't look so terrible if zoomed out, but in the detailed picture you'll see that they are not very good. I hope it's just a question of practice, but I'd like to know any mistakes I made so I don't repeat them.
    - I don't really like how rivers look. In my previous attempt I drew first the rivers and then the mountains, and I think they looked better. Maybe it's the "fake 3D" look of the mountains, that invites to draw rivers in the same fashion instead of purely "from above". Sorry if I don't make myself well understood. Anyway, what would you change?

I include a general view of the map and a detailed, smaller fragment. Thanks in advance.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	randome-detail.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	618.2 KB 
ID:	13596   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	randome-lores.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	420.0 KB 
ID:	13597