Thread: Stern's Bridge

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post Stern's Bridge

Well, here it is, the map I displayed in my introductory post has reached the point where I am ready to post it in this forum. A bit overdue, perhaps, but better late than never.

When introduced, I was encouraged to move Stern's Bridge to the WIP forum here. Since then I have been toying and tweaking, playing and plodding with it. As my first foray into the world of digital cartography, it became an excercise to see what I was capable of doing with the medium. With lots of help from The Guild (and excessive patience from same) this is what I have managed. I will refrain from speaking about the shortcomings as I see them, and instead say simply that I am somewhat pleased with my final result. Endless gratitude is due to The Guild for it. Many thanks to all.

The settlement of Stern's Bridge was built on the northern-most navigatable point on the Rhushess River. As such, this point was used by an invading force who built the road north to larger, more populace cities in the region. During and since the occupation the settlement thrived as the road became a trade route north. It wasn't until after the occupation that the local lord, Gravin (a heroic resistance fighter during the occupation), commissioned the construction of the fortified bridge that the settlement is now most known for, and subsequently called.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Stern's Bridge, 5-25-09@70%2nd.jpg 
Views:	1264 
Size:	759.2 KB 
ID:	14026Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Stern's Bridge, 5-25-09@70%.png 
Views:	339 
Size:	4.72 MB 
ID:	13619
    Last edited by Feralspirit; 06-09-2009 at 12:03 AM. Reason: New Discovery Regarding Redrobes Thumbnail Scraper
    Doubt is an unpleasant condition, but certainty is absurd. -Voltaire