Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mountain Experimentation

Guild Apprentice Revivalofhonor's Avatar

Oh yes! ^_^ I really like the way that came out. You can feel the height of the mountains now.

What you have so far looks like a scar in the ground. Either the grass and dirt has been eroded away leaving the bedrock or its a layer of rock above ground like a lava flow. Even with the peaks layer I'm just not getting a sense of elevation.

Just looked at it again. If the peaks were conected I think it would work for me. Be more ridge-like
    Last edited by Albrechtw4; 06-01-2009 at 10:39 PM.

Guild Apprentice

I can't help but wonder if this could be used to edit a Wilbur grayscale height map. It might create some decent mountain range regions that could be run through Wilbur's erosion algorithms after you re-export the grayscale back in.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

I have no idea, I've never really used Wilbur.

I was going to put some silly comment about it's affect on Mr. Ed's friend - but decided against it.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Guild Apprentice

Wilbur itself wouldn't allow for such edits as far as I'm aware, but to take one of its terrain generations and bring the grayscale image into Photoshop and use a similar technique as you are, I'm thinking it might aid in the creation of more realistic mountain regions.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alaskanflyboy View Post
    Wilbur itself wouldn't allow for such edits as far as I'm aware, but to take one of its terrain generations and bring the grayscale image into Photoshop and use a similar technique as you are, I'm thinking it might aid in the creation of more realistic mountain regions.
    I've thought about that, I think that's probably been done here by someone at some point.

Might have to play around with Wilbur some more...
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12