Thread: C.G. inspired maps

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Map C.G. inspired maps

Using what I see and admire from the many wonderful maps posted here, I made a few of my own for a DnD game I'm helping with. The DM had the basic world map sketched out, but it needed some work.

Both maps are done in photoshop. The parchment type map is many layers set to color burn over a blank parchment type background. The little images are public domain clip art I found on line. The scale is vague on purpose as the DM and I were not really sure about scale.

The Port Tinker map is a map of the port town on the northern edge of the lower continent on the world map. The basic city shape and coastline is taken from a map of Gijon, Spain. It is supposed to be a gnome port town that has an old west or steam punk feel. The town has stripped the land thanks to quick over expansion. The humans don't get along much and don't blend in, so I tried to show this by drawing the human district the way I did with grid roads and fences and such. The farm land and building styles were inspired by a great city map from these forums. Thanks so much for lending me your creativity.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Port-Tinker.png 
Views:	1097 
Size:	934.9 KB 
ID:	13679   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	world-map.jpg 
Views:	3833 
Size:	997.9 KB 
ID:	13680  
    Last edited by RobA; 04-11-2013 at 12:06 PM.