Thread: Importing Base map into Flex Projector

Question Importing Base map into Flex Projector

I hope someone with a bit of experience can help me out here. I've discovered both Flex Projector and G.Projector as software for making various map projections and both look great. My problem is that I can't figure out how to import my base map into either one!

Flex Projector can supposedly import raster images (jpg, png, etc) but I don't see that option anywhere!

Same for G.Projector. I have an equirectangular image (2:1 ratio) and it doesn't recognize it.

Any thoughts?

I figured out the problem with g.projector. For some reason, it sis not like the .jpg file I started with. When I used a .png as the base image, it uploaded fine.

Still can't get Flex Projector to input an image...

Quote Originally Posted by Koren n'Rhys View Post
    I figured out the problem with g.projector. For some reason, it sis not like the .jpg file I started with. When I used a .png as the base image, it uploaded fine.

Still can't get Flex Projector to input an image...
    I'll repeat. To the best of my knowledge, in Flex projector you can not import an image (only a vector map). What you can do is use the current projection on an image file, using File->Project Image.

-Rob A>

Ah, OK. I misunderstood your first post, then. I'll have to play with it some more then and see what I can do with it. may just end up using g. projector since I figured that one out already.

Thanks for your help, Rob!

Just one more follow-up comment. I must be dense, since I couldn't seem to figure out what you meant in your comments, Rob, but I got it now, so thank you again for your help.

To summarize:
    With Flex Projector, I can't import my image and see it while I fiddle with the projection parameters. I have to guesstimate the results based off the earth map that is already there. Then when I do the Project step, it lays that projection onto my base image and gives me the tif file. When I open that in Photoshop, I can see it with the projection applied.

It seems a hassle if you can't see it to make adjustments. I think I'll be sticking to G.Projector unless there are reasons to do otherwise.

So, are there?