Thread: [taken]-[paid]Tavern map for Rite Publishing

Post [taken]-[paid]Tavern map for Rite Publishing

Rite Publishing is looking to launch an economy line of mini-pdf retail products that detail (1,000 words) one specific building or site within an urban setting.

Commission:
    Paid, this is an open call, please email me,do not PM me):

Steve (at) Ritepublishing (dot) com

Subject Line: City Sites Map,

Body of Email:
    1. a link to your portfolio or even just a map thread here on the Cartographer’s Guild if your just starting out,
    2. You will also need to include your rates

Time Constraints
    • Map will need to be completed within 30 days of accepting the assignment

Style
    • Since this is an economy line we are only going to be using B&W line maps with about the same level of detail as say “Hellhound’s” maps HERE (I blame Tortsan for pointing me to them as an example of what we were looking for.

Description of Map
    • I will eventually provide a rough sketch of the map I had in mind
    • Our test piece is a circular shaped tavern with a circular bar in the center with stools, and booths on the outer wall.
    • The scale of the map will be 5’ feet to the inch.

Quality & Size
    • Professional Half page,

Copyright - This would be a single use commercial license for this one product with the option of us purchasing the full commercial rights (you retain the right to sell prints and for portfolio work) if the project does well and we green light the full series, which would also mean we would bring you on board as the cartographer for this series (assuming it was green lit).

Thank you for your time, looking forward to your email
    Last edited by Qwilion; 06-01-2009 at 09:22 PM.
    Steve "Qwilion" Russell
    Rite Publishing

"A hundred thousand lemmings can't be wrong!"

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

I am too busy to take these on and that is down to Steve's ability to get people work. It's all his fault that I'm not around here as often as I'd like. I highly recommend working for Rite Publishing. They pay promptly and do a great job of putting your name out there, which is invaluable.

Hi Qwilion - interesting project and hope you get lots of takers. I might have a go myself!

Just one question though, when you say that you only want B&W line maps because it is an economy product is it your intention to actually print the product (in which case I can see where the economies are made) or are you only going to release it as a pdf, (in which case I can't really see where the economies are made, unless it's in the rates paid with B&W being cheaper than colour)

In the rate paid because black and white line art is less expensive to purchase from most artists and then assuming it does well, and we do enough of these to go to print (via lulu.com), then there is the economics there as well.
    Steve "Qwilion" Russell
    Rite Publishing

Post Cartographers Chosen

I am happy to announce that we have chosen two cartographers for this series

Richard Biggs Jr. who has done illustrations for us on Items Evolved and sent us an initial sketch of the tavern that really showed he could do more than just illustrations. His proven ability to provide excellent work and beat every deadline earned him the top spot.

Eric Blische who previously did maps for Monte Cook's Dark Tidings and maps for the Ptolus fansite Delver's Square, his drive and previous work made him a very attractive pick. He will be our back up cartographer and assuming the series is greenlit will be producing maps for every other book.

I would like to thank all those who emailed us with their resume.

Thanks again
    Steve "Qwilion" Russell
    Rite Publishing