Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [Region 1][Map 11][Town 02] - Tavor and its Environs

Post [Region 1][Map 11][Town 02] - Tavor and its Environs

Here is the city of Tavor and its surrounding area.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tavor.png 
Views:	465 
Size:	3.02 MB 
ID:	12932  

Ooh, pretty neat style this is!
    The border is very pretty.

Have some rep...
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Those are some pretty nifty forests and a new paradigm on cities in regional maps...I'll have to give that a whirl. Looks like I need an IOU for rep on that...remind me in a week or so.
    Last edited by Ascension; 05-02-2009 at 07:19 PM.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

The forest are fantastic, and love the border too.

Great job Ravs!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected 12rounds's Avatar

Wow that map looks really nice!

Nice map Ravs, you've switched from Akron lands to those of Raedis for this I see.
    One comment, on the thread rather than the map. The settlement of Tavor I drew as a large town, a client of Raedis, rather than one of the city states.

I like the addition of new small settlements (Hamlets / Thorps) not on the larger map. Mathoc though looks significant enough to appear on the larger regional map. I'll have to add that in when I get some time, probably in the indicated location. I'm personally not keen on the look of the settlements, maybe it's me but I think they look like rubble / ruins rather than working settlements. Maybe a solid block of colour would be better, rather than the broken up look (maybe as a faint transparency shading?). I love the forests. The border and compass rose are also very nice.

In terms of roads outward to the other settlements, I'm not sure Kerad would qualify for a full road (solid line) rather than a track / path (dashed line) unless it's on the main route to Raedis. My take on the symbols for the larger map when drawing it was that the star in the circle would be a city state, the solid dots would be large towns and the hollow circles would be small towns / large villages.

Name:	Mathoc.png 
Views:	175 
Size:	104.9 KB 
ID:	13037  
    Last edited by Valarian; 05-05-2009 at 09:11 AM.
    Google Groups for FGII Games:
    European FG2 RPG - Fridays & Sundays (8pm UK time)
    Using Ultimate FGII and can accept unlicensed player connections on some of the games

Thanks Ian, (although I got the compass rose, the scroll and the repeating embossed design from fonts so can't take credit for those) how about these as settlement shapes? I've rescale the map to 1 mile on the bar rather than 10 (towns would be huge otherwise...as it is they're pretty big anyway. The fading really didn't work with the style of map and I figured that the road to Radis would go via Kerad so I've left it as a solid line. Hope that works!

Thanks 12rounds! Praise from you is praise indeed...I love your illustrations!

best

Ravs

Name:	tavor export 090505.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	1.80 MB 
ID:	13045  

I think those settlements look less like ruins to me
    The Scant castle and Carstairs Watch symbols were possibly better in the first map though. Difficult to say, those fit with the style of the other settlements.

Anyway, nice map
    Google Groups for FGII Games:
    European FG2 RPG - Fridays & Sundays (8pm UK time)
    Using Ultimate FGII and can accept unlicensed player connections on some of the games

You're right about the castle and the Watch, I drew those individually rather than use filters but on the second time round I just kinda of rushed it and put in blobs....sorry!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast