Thread: hello folks

Guild Applicant

Post hello folks

Hello my new friends,
    I've been a land surveyor (civil engineer) for 20 of my 42 years on this planet. I make maps for a living! I am also an avid D&D player and love to draw my maps by hand. I still own all my draftsman tools from the old days before CAD and I am pretty darn good if I may say so lol.;-)
    RPMiller or demigod invited me to these forums some time ago but alas, before I could respond I somehow caused a BLUE SCREEN of DEATH! I am up and running again finaly. I don't know much about modern software and the TRS-80s Basic was the only program language I ever mastered. So I was out of luck until my loving wife pulled me out of the dark ages and helped me solve my problem.

Good to meet all of you,

James Balderson
    squibjb66

Welcome to the guild, Jim! Sounds like you have all the qualifications for producing great maps already (including knowing RPM!).

Hope you enjoy your stay here and would love to see some of your maps,

best

ravs

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Welcome to the Guild!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Welcome to the guild. We'd love to see some of those real world bad boys if for nothing more than to know exactly what they really look like.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps