Thread: Using Google maps

Post Using Google maps

Does anyone know how to get a Google map without labels on it? I mean all labels, streets, regions, bodies of water, etc.

Alternately, does anyone have a good style pack or map done in CC2 or CC3 to emulate this style?

Thanks...
    Skycast

Wild Die - a random die roll of a blog | Savage Septentrionalis - Savage Worlds play-by-post

Professional Artist keithcurtis's Avatar

I haven't tried it, but you could use Google Earth (free application). I believe you can turn off the labeling. Then take a screenshot of what you want.

here's a map i made from using GE. what you do is find a location you like, take a screen shot, and make sure all of the locations, tourist symbols, etc are off. the only thing you cannot get rid of is the bottom coordinates and the "powered by google earth. however, in any photo manipulation software such as corel or photoshop you could easily get rid of the labeling tags.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kmiss1_195.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	367.0 KB 
ID:	400   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kmbrief2_837.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	367.5 KB 
ID:	401  

I have Google Earth, but I don't want a satellite type photo, but the map drawing style from Google Maps.
    Skycast

Wild Die - a random die roll of a blog | Savage Septentrionalis - Savage Worlds play-by-post