Thread: Heathen Encounter Maps

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip Heathen Encounter Maps

Being back home in Germany for the summer has given me the opportunity to reconnect with some old friends, as well as the opportunity to get suckered into DMing an adventure while I'm here. The guys decided they wanted to do Heathen, which was cool with me. Unfortunately the bulk of my real-world D&D supplies remain an ocean away in the US.

I was going to just break down and purchase some dungeon tiles and tell them we were doing delves, but I figured that as a Cartographer's Guild member, I should at least give mapping it a try. I started yesterday, and have the first encounter map finished. Basically I scaled up the original, made a rough sketch, and then made the map based on the sketch. I change a few things but tried to make the map mechanically identical. So I took out the collapsed tent from the original map (couldn't find a good object to use there) and replaced it with a pool of water/big puddle to serve as difficult terrain.

I also used a Cartoon filter on the houses and tents, I feel like it adds a certain something. The pool I'm not particularly happy with, advice on making convincing water would be appreciated. I'm kinda going for a "big puddle" look there.

But yeah, more to come as I confront and conquer the remaining encounter maps.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Heathen1Alt.jpg 
Views:	213 
Size:	1.80 MB 
ID:	13819