Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can't post images thru Attachment Manager

Post Can't post images thru Attachment Manager

I've tried all day to upload files through the Attachment Manager and it fails. Don't know if this is due to change done to the Manager, or if its been hacked, but whenever I try to upload an image file, or post a link from another site throught the Attachment Manager, at the completion, a COLON is added at the end of the file and I get an error. "File is not an image" - looks like "dragon-club.jpg:" What's the problem and can it be fixed soon?

I am pretty sure the problem isn't on my end.

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Testing, 1, 2, 3...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	struisvogel.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	32.6 KB 
ID:	13731  
    Last edited by Gandwarf; 05-28-2009 at 05:29 PM.
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Looks like you have been hacked Gamperpinter
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Post That makes no sense!

Quote Originally Posted by Gandwarf View Post
    Looks like you have been hacked Gamperpinter
    That makes no sense. My PC isn't online all the time. And the Attachment Manager is the only thing affected. Whether its a file from my PC, or from an online source, everytime I hit submit, a colon is added to the end of the file. And I mean I have no such problem with anything else I post elsewhere.

That's crazy. And if it is on my end, I have no idea how to solve the problem.

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Blog Entries

I'll check too...

I think thats worked... 1..2..3..

Edit - Yup.

If I were you id clear the cache and cookies and restart browser and try again.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tmp.png 
Views:	35 
Size:	159.8 KB 
ID:	13732  

Post Cleared, but no go

Dumped my cache and cookies, restarted computer then browser. Problem is still there, and it only occurs, when I click the upload button.

I could have picked something up from one of my publisher forum sites, that's my only guess.

Don't know what to do?

GP
    DrivethruRPG store

Blog Entries

Another vague thought. If you go to your "User CP" and look at attachments at bottom and click there does it come up with a nice round number for the total file size for all attachments ?

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerprinter View Post
    I could have picked something up from one of my publisher forum sites, that's my only guess.
    I would be surprised if this was a symptom of being hacked.

Does anyone know if the attachment manager uses the colon for any kind of internal code logic? Like, say, to distinguish between multiple attachments?

Post Uh...

It tells me I have 408.58 MB in 641 uploaded attachments.. not sure if that's a problem - I am no programmer, so its means nothing to me.

GP
    DrivethruRPG store

Blog Entries

Well that doesnt sound like the sort of number Arcana might have put in as a limit.... dunno really. Id wheel out Wireshark at this point but thats a pretty over the top tool if your not familiar with raw networking bytes tho.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast