View Poll Results: Vote for TWO (2) Entries Only!

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • "A Walk On Las Nubes" - Drahyden

8 22.22%
  • Roof Top Run - Xyll

5 13.89%
  • A Stroll Through The Sewers - Steel General

5 13.89%
  • Escape From the Afflicted - CBDroege

5 13.89%
  • Escape From Winter Mountain - Mysticmagellan

23 63.89%
  • Tanaka's Challenge - GamerPrinter

15 41.67%
  • Hover Race - Darken

0 0%
  • Massacre At Hickory Hill - Ascension

7 19.44%
  • The Mall O'Death - Ravells

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: *** May '09 Challenge Voting - Cut to the Chase! ***

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Post *** May '09 Challenge Voting - Cut to the Chase! ***

MAY 09 VOTING

PLEASE VOTE FOR TWO ENTRIES

Once again there has been a wonderful response/turnout for this month's competition. Thank you to everyone for taking part, there have been some magnificent entries but don't forget you can only vote for TWO of them.

CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE THUMBNAILS

CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE CHALLENGE RULES

Remember to give 'Rep' to your selections (if you can).

Last edited by Steel General; 06-03-2009 at 06:01 AM.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Something's wrong with the thumbnails - Xyll's 'roof top run' is returning a texture rather than the entry...may need to suspend this until the thumbnails are sorted out.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

It look's like he was missing the "### Latest WIP ###" - I added it to the post above it, but Arcana or RedRobes will need to re-run the thumb-nailer.

Probably should have had everyone who did 'tiles' create a contact sheet with all of the images.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Soo many good entries and ideas. Some I would have loved to have seen fully realized (I'm looking at you here Ravs ).

My vote went to Mystic Magelan for his wonderful 'Winter Wonder Land Chase', and to CBDroege's Escape from the afflicted (if it has zombies, I am in LEFT 4 DEAD 4 EVER!)
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Blog Entries

Thank you everyone for all of the effort you invested in this. I learn as much from your work as I do from my own.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I wanted to vote for some new blood so no offense Steel & GP Yours clearly kick a lot of butt. I went with MM mainly for his sled ride and with Drahyden mainly for size. Xyll & CBD were very much in the running, Xyll's is very pretty to look at but kinda small and CBD was neck and neck with Drah so I went with size. Congrats to all who finished.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Quote Originally Posted by NeonKnight View Post
    Soo many good entries and ideas. Some I would have loved to have seen fully realized (I'm looking at you here Ravs ).

My vote went to Mystic Magelan for his wonderful 'Winter Wonder Land Chase', and to CBDroege's Escape from the afflicted (if it has zombies, I am in LEFT 4 DEAD 4 EVER!)
    Ummm sorry....I got obsessed by this new city tutorial which I'm still struggling with and on top of that I'm now trying my hand at making mapping fonts so something had to give.

Guild Member

ugh, this is the first time life really got in the way of me finishing my challenge, but congrats to all those who did! They're really great! Better luck next month

Guild Journeyer

Could you make my thumb nail the map i made useing the tiles? Maybe that would help my chances of getting votes

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Xyll View Post
    Could you make my thumb nail the map i made useing the tiles? Maybe that would help my chances of getting votes
    Sorry I didnt notice this one before. The sticky thread is here:

http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=2066

and says that you can control which image you wanted by putting in the latest wip tag. You should put one in on the last image that you want used as the thumb. Whats happened in your post is that steel general has edited your thread and I guess has put one in on the last wip point. In any case, everyone should really look through the threads of all entries and not go by the thumbnail.

Very recently the generation of the thumbnails have moved from me pushing buttons to arcana or any CL who knows the page of buttons to push and get them generated right now. I am hoping that in the very near future that Arcana will make the thumbs self generate periodically like every few hours or so and then they will always be up to date. But you must put your wip tag in at the image you want or else it will use the last one in the thread.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast