Thread: Wlorclor by Jaxilon

Map Wlorclor by Jaxilon

An experiment in going for a watercolor look. I did this in two or three hours so it has to be one of the fastest maps I've ever made. I plan to use the style again with a more determined approach including labels but for what I was going for I'm pretty happy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wlorclor.jpg 
Views:	259 
Size:	1.24 MB 
ID:	34979  
    Last edited by Jaxilon; 04-09-2011 at 10:21 PM.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Very Nice. I love the colors.
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Nice map!

As part of c&c. I think water color style needs little bit more hand-draw emelent. More details (as you say about determination). Here I make some little sketch to illustrate my idea. Sorry for artistic interuption.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jax.PNG 
Views:	78 
Size:	284.7 KB 
ID:	34997  

Excellent Sergei - Of all the things on the map the mountains were the part I was least happy with. I have some ideas for that next time around including like you did, just painting more of them in.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt