Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wickshine Inn

Nice one curufea. All the objects work really well together and create an almost photorealistic style.
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Guild Novice

Thanks, that's the intent

There's still some tidying up to do on the maps though - some graphic glitches that I'll get to eventually.

Here's the second-last map - the ground floor. I've just got the garret to go.

Your map is truly amazing. Please tell me how you do the dynamic lighting in Photoshop. Thankyou.

Guild Novice

It's not dynamic, unfortunately - it's hand drawn.

I created an overexposed version using the light filter for the fires, and I created an adjustment layer and reduced the brightness.
    Between these two versions of the base textures, I used a masking map.

Guild Novice

Here's the final level - the Garret

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

These are all quite nice, but the white border/outlines really tend to distract the eye from the other portions of the map (at least for me).
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

I haven't learned how to use the mask function in Photoshop yet, but I have the Photoshop Bible right next to me and I'm about to use it. If you can upload a PSD of some of your work with all the layers still intact. I could use it as a guide to learn how to do lighting effects in my own images.
    Last edited by BlackLotus; 08-26-2009 at 08:42 AM.

Guild Novice

Quote Originally Posted by Steel General View Post
    These are all quite nice, but the white border/outlines really tend to distract the eye from the other portions of the map (at least for me).
    They're a hangover from when I was making this a paper model for miniatures. But seeing as I'm now running the RPG online instead of face to face, I may as well texture the walls as part of the whole thing.

Guild Novice

Quote Originally Posted by BlackLotus View Post
    I haven't learned how to use the mask function in Photoshop yet, but I have the Photoshop Bible right next to me and I'm about to use it. If you can upload a PSD of some of your work with all the layers still intact. I could use it as a guide to learn how to do lighting effects in my own images.
    Hmm, even reducing the size doesn't make it small enough to upload here - so I've hosted the file on my website-
    http://www.curufea.com/images/Wicksh...dFloorDemo.psd

It's about 11mb big.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by curufea View Post
    They're a hangover from when I was making this a paper model for miniatures. But seeing as I'm now running the RPG online instead of face to face, I may as well texture the walls as part of the whole thing.
    I wondered if it was something on that order.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast