Thread: Hello from Maine

Post Hello from Maine

Just wanted to say hello from Maine. I'm an avid RPGer, from D&D to UO I think I've at least tried most of them.

I'm currently working on my own campaign world and design most of my maps from scratch. Currently I am working on D&D 3.5e, but will most likely work everything into Pathfinder when it is finally released.

Hopefully this is the right place to find new ideas, helpful hints on use of cartography software, and maybe a few tips and tricks for integrating everything all together.

As I build my campaign world, I hope I can provide a few tricks that may not have been figured out yet.

Regards,

TheSnoMan

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

In answer to your question.... YES this is THE place to find info and inspiration on drawing maps of any kind and or style.

We have a forum just full to the brim with tutorials for many progs and on even more subjects. We also have forums where people display their Works in Progress and show off their Finished Maps. For true inspiration you need to check out the Cartographer's Choice forum as well.

Look around and see what you like, and don't be afraid to show what you got be it maps, techniques or even (or especially) C & C. We are quite the friendly bunch here so don't be afraid of getting your head bitten off for stating that some thing does't work for you. Just be polite about it and maybe say why.

See you in the WIPs
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Korash pretty much covered it all so I'll just add in my welcome
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Welcome to the Guild!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Blog Entries

Hi Snoman. I was born in Maine (Portage). My father's family is from there. Glad to have you on board!