Thread: Greetings from the Last Frontier

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post Greetings from the Last Frontier

Hey there everybody.

I stumbled upon this website while I was searching for ways to create my own Digital Elevation Maps (DEMs). While I wasn't so lucky as to find out a good method for fake DEM creation, I did find this website and have found it to be an astounding help and quite inspirational.

My baby, a project I'm calling "Ancestry" is the true reasons for my being here. After reading around the forums and checking out a few tutorials, I made a map based on a fictional world I have in the works.

I don't yet have a name for this world, and perhaps that's something you could all help me with. In any case, here is the map I ended up creating for a portion of my world, a continent called Valvirtia. I used a tutorial that was stickied in the regional forum.

I hope you all enjoy my work, not only in cartography, but literacy and imagination as well. I look forward to getting to know you all and having the chance to better myself in the skills of cartography through your help, advice, and example. Thank you.
    Last edited by jdram; 06-05-2009 at 07:01 PM.