Thread: Dungeons, Dungeons, and More Dungeons

Post Dungeons, Dungeons, and More Dungeons

Instead of posting my various finished dungeons in the WIP subforum, I figured I should move any new completed work to the correct forum so here we are. Basically this will be the sister thread to My Dungeon Maps thread.

I actually created a new Dungeon Map PDF so I thought I would share. This map has two separate dungeons levels on it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	map_pdf012.jpg 
Views:	615 
Size:	825.3 KB 
ID:	13960 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	map_pdf012bw.jpg 
Views:	231 
Size:	638.8 KB 
ID:	13961

The PDF is available for download as well. The PDF has numbered and blank versions of the maps posted here, plus a page dedicated to the legend. All of the maps are at 300 dpi.

Cheers,
    Tim

Paratime Design Cartography

"Do infants have as much fun in infancy as adults do in adultery?" - Groucho Marx

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

*two thumbs up*
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Good idea there T, for some reason the Finished Maps section seems to get more views.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Thanks for the thumbs up (one for each level ), SG.

Ascension - I decided to make this thread because I tend to post my finished dungeon maps more often than my various WIP. I realized that technically I've been posted in the wrong forum. I'll use the WIP forum for maps that I haven't finished (like my scroll map - I haven't forgotten about it) and other projects that aren't finished (like my underground flooded city that I will get back to one of these days).

I'm also going against the standards of the board and will use this thread to post my dungeon maps instead of making a new thread each time. When the map making gnomes get worked up, I don't want to flood the section with my threads. I figured one place will be better in the long run. Obviously there will be exceptions to the rule but I'll wait for them to pop up.
    Cheers,
    Tim

"Do infants have as much fun in infancy as adults do in adultery?" - Groucho Marx

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I had considered something like what you propose as well...one thread in the Finished section for all of my stuff but I never got around to doing it.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Nice work Turgenev, I especially like the first one, with the parchment-type look/color to the rooms. More character, IMO. I have to vote against putting all of your Finished Dungeon Maps in one thread, though. RedRobes creates that wonderful thumbnails page to exhibit the work, and it will only take the last attachment in the thread. (Meaning this thread will currently display your module cover, if I understand correctly.) Your dungeons, again IMO, deserve to be seen individually. Please consider this a request.

(*scrathing head* "hmmm, what will the thumbnail scraper do with a PDF?")

Cheers and cheese, , map on!
    Last edited by Feralspirit; 06-07-2009 at 06:50 PM.
    Doubt is an unpleasant condition, but certainty is absurd. -Voltaire

Blog Entries

Nice work Turgenev,

About the scraper. In the challenges its programmed to take the last image in default of not having a WIP tag. In the finished maps it defaults to the first image in default of not having a wip tag. If a wip tag exists then it takes the last one in both cases. Wips are trumps

If the scraper worked then it ought to print a 'No Image' in the case that nothing exists - say in the challenge thread more than the finished ones. If its a PDF or a ZIP then its supposed to detect that and show that image instead and still link to the download. However, last time I checked this feature didnt work properly. The finished thread has a few entries in it that have bad image links.

There is a "No WIP" tag too which means don't add to the list which is for especially strict copyright images where the scraper should not make any copies of it.

I should add that it only looks for attachments not inline images so as it stands, this thread would come up with a no image. From the point of view of the thumbs, you should edit post and attach a piccy of one of the dungeon maps.
    Last edited by Redrobes; 06-07-2009 at 09:00 PM.

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Great thread (in expectation ). Five stars and some rep from me.

Thanks for the additional info about the image scraper, Feralspirit & RobA. I never thought of that when I first proposed the idea of posting my maps in just one thread. I guess I better use more than one thread then. After all, I wouldn't want Feralspirit to sic that wolf after me.

Thanks for the comments and rep. I also prefer the coloured map but I always offer a black & white/printer-friendly version because I know a few Old School fans enjoy my maps and they always ask for the non-colour version so I try to do two version to keep everyone happy.
    Cheers,
    Tim