Thread: Necronomicon Flash Game

Post Necronomicon Flash Game

This is a cool Flash card game based on the Cthulhu/Lovecraftian Mythos.

http://www.fukgames.com/game/9284/necronomicon

Enjoy but be careful not to lose your sanity in the process.
    Cheers,
    Tim

Paratime Design Cartography

"Do infants have as much fun in infancy as adults do in adultery?" - Groucho Marx

That was pretty cool, thanks. I've never played any of the collectible card games, but I enjoyed that one a lot. It felt like a sorcerous duel!

By the way, here's the real link: http://gamesofcthulhu.com/necronomicon.html
    Last edited by isomage; 06-06-2009 at 08:38 AM.
    My random map generators and GIMP scripts: http://axiscity.hexamon.net/users/isomage/

Yeah. A little easy, but a cute Cthulhu feel. Fhtagn! Fhtagn!

I tried the real link and it took forever for the game to load. Eventually I gave up and exited the site and went back to the url I was using. I'll go back at a later time and check the site out.

I've had my share of easy and difficult duels in that game. Sometimes the cards flow and other times my luck is down right terrible. One thing about the game that I like (other than it is Lovecraftian based) is how the different insanities affect the game. Xenophobia means you can't play any monsters. Agoraphobia means you are limited to only two cards from your hand. Schizophrenia means your Power, Defense and Taint ratings fluctuate with each turn. Megalomania means your ratings keep getting higher and higher per turn. Fun stuff.
    Cheers,
    Tim

Paratime Design Cartography

"Do infants have as much fun in infancy as adults do in adultery?" - Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by Turgenev View Post
    I tried the real link and it took forever for the game to load. Eventually I gave up and exited the site and went back to the url I was using. I'll go back at a later time and check the site out.
    You should keep at it. I haven't had any problems with the real one, and it seems a little better to me. Or, at least, the first time I played the game you posted, some of the stuff that happened didn't make any sense. That might have been my inexperience or a buggy versions.

The game, more than anything, is heavily random. Sometimes you get crap and sometimes you don't. The challenges are even worse, and some of them are just stupid.

But the AI is terrible and the scoring system is pretty easy to figure out. And because you can level faster than the AI, you start to accumulate an appreciable advantage. I ended the level 30 game 4 levels higher than the AI I think?

Course I've played a CCGs for over a decade, so I might be skewed. It was definitely a cute and entertaining diversion.