Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: June 2009 Entry: Assassin's Lair

Post symbols

Thanks guys. As promised all the map symbols saved as 100 ppi PNG with alpha, all placed into a Zip for you!

Enjoy!

GP
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

I agree with the others, very nice work. The style of the different objects is really cool.
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Absolutely Amazing!

Wip Fixes and tweaks...

Quote Originally Posted by jfrazierjr View Post
    oh yea.... 8 black diamonds....
    Doh! I just figured out what you meant. Changed the nine black diamonds to eight.

Also for some reason, the table under the scrying ball was supposed to be purple, but it looks awfully pink to me. So I tweaked that...

This should be it though.

GP

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	assassins-lair.jpg 
Views:	269 
Size:	1.41 MB 
ID:	14104  
    Last edited by Steel General; 06-13-2009 at 08:55 AM. Reason: Added WIP label for thumbnail scraper
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Post Interesting...

Interesting, some small publisher offered me money to purchase the Assassin's Lair for their setting, but since I intended this as a magic item and extra-dimensional location for the CWBP, I said no - its not for sale.

Just so you know, I am a pro mapper. I do commissions for publishers, but of my existing work, in general, they are not for sale. I will do specific maps based on needs of a publisher. But of the maps I create for practice or participation in the Guild, none are for sale.

I will only do new maps for commissions. Just had to say that.

GP
    DrivethruRPG store

Guild Journeyer

That map is absolutely excellent and I've thought of a use for it in one of my Eberron campaigns already. It fits with the concept I had for the game perfectly.

I think the map is very nice, with good quality symbols and a nice color scheme. But what really puts this over the top for me is the additional information, like the key, background, image, etc, included in the image. Its a lovely and innovative piece!

My only feedback is that the desk in 5 and the weapon rack in 3 look out of place. The weapon rack lacks the fine detail, like cracks and imperfections, of the other items. And the desk (or maybe its a makeup table?) seems to have a different line thickness and a more cartoonish style than the rest of the piece.

Post Good catch...

Good catch, those were more afterthoughts really. Regarding the Weapons Rack, I initially put in cracks and stuff, but the weapons hid much of it, and the weapons themselves are just "3D-ish" objects.

The make-up table/vanity. The makeup colors are rather bright, but I wanted to insure they were seen as different makeup rather than just anything else, the colors are a bit more bright than the remaining. Because all the stuff on the table, it was difficult to place detailed wood grain, although there is still some wood grain on it.

I might tweak the weapons rack, but will probably leave the vanity alone.

Nice catch, like I said, but those objects were more problematic.

Had I created the vanity objects and weapons separately, I might have been able to add more detail. Being busier objects, it was more difficult to do that.

GP
    DrivethruRPG store

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerprinter View Post
    The make-up table/vanity. The makeup colors are rather bright, but I wanted to insure they were seen as different makeup rather than just anything else, the colors are a bit more bright than the remaining.
    On the vanity, it was actually more the line style that caught my attention. The lines on the other items all seemed a little finer and more broken, with more of the patterns implied as the spaces between lines. On the vanity, however, every line seemed solid and complete.

Neither looks bad, by any stretch of the imagination, btw!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast