Thread: [WIP] Kuebassaare, Estonia, for a WWII RPG

Wip [WIP] Kuebassaare, Estonia, for a WWII RPG

Hello everybody.

I'd like to show my next map at least some of the snapshots while I'm still working on it.

It would be used in a WWII RPG adventure I'm also working on, and of course some ideas and indications would be appreciated.

I'm currently working with Inkscape, probably will add some final touches with GIMP.

Bests,
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kubassaare.png 
Views:	100 
Size:	309.9 KB 
ID:	14058  
    --
    vehrka

Google maps satelite image has a lot of inland water. Is there a reason you didn't include that? i.e. it wasn't there in the '40s.

I don't really have any criticism. The colors work well, everything is clear, and the gradient on the land looks good. Can't wait to see more.

Quote Originally Posted by Albrechtw4 View Post
    Google maps satelite image has a lot of inland water. Is there a reason you didn't include that? i.e. it wasn't there in the '40s.
    Probably I'll include the water in the next step, with some constructios and I'll also try another symbol for the roads.

Thanks for your comments.
    --
    vehrka

Wip

I haven't been able to spend much time on this map, so I'm progressing very slowly.

I've added the water ponds and the bunkers.

Probably at this point I'll jump to GIMP and try to give better textures to the sea, the land and the forests .

Afterwards I'll come back to Inkscape and set the "military" touches (landing areas, enemy units...)

Name:	Kubassaare_WIP01.png 
Views:	74 
Size:	572.7 KB 
ID:	14223  
    --
    vehrka

Orson Scott Card pretty much nailed the internet and its power to reach the masses in the second 'Ender' book, 'Speaker for the Dead'. Shame the book itself was so awful.

Wip

@ravells: ehhh.... yes? O_o!

Well, some work done with the forests, the water, the buildings and the land.

I don't like the aspect of the ponds... hummm... some ideas will be appreciated.

Next step will be probably the roads.

Name:	Kubassaare_WIP02.png 
Views:	101 
Size:	1.46 MB 
ID:	14227  
    --
    vehrka

LOL! Sorry, mean to post that on the traveller forum which I had open at the same time...I was wondering why it didn't come up there!

I really like your map so far, it's nice and crisp and the textures and colours work well with each other.

I also dislike the ponds, they are green. Although they should be a different colour from the sea they might be better in a different shade of blue rather than a sort of turquoise

Thanks for your comments, I'll try with some "blue" variations and post the results.

Bests,
    --
    vehrka