Thread: [unpaid]Quickie for a sketchup user

Post [unpaid]Quickie for a sketchup user

Hi, If someone could help, please, I have a quick task for a sketchup user.

I don't want to download sketchup myself for two reasons - I want to avoid cluttering my computer, and I want to avoid cluttering my time with yet another toy that I won't be able to resist...

I've downloaded a public domain sketchup model of a car, and I'd like to email it to someone who would simply rotate it in sketchup and send me a top-down png or jpg image of the car.

The image doesn't have to be any particular size and the image quality will probably be dictated by the original model.

At your earliest convenience.

Any takers?

Thanks.
    Last edited by icosahedron; 06-10-2009 at 05:29 PM.
    Mapping a Traveller ATU.

See my (fantasy-based) apprenticeship blog at:

http://www.viewing.ltd.uk/cgi-bin/vi...forums&sx=1024

Look for Chit Chat, Sandmann's blog. Enjoy.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Yeah, sure, send it to me. I'll try to get it done tonight (some time between dinner and bed) but I can't guarantee it. Gonzo88 at aol.com
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

The file is corrupted...not your fault though. I went to the 3d warehouse and all of the Gran Torinos are corrupted (all 3 of them). Thought it might be my SU so I snagged a sword but it loaded just fine. Apparently JUS created the GT and the other guy, John, copied it so all three are the same one that is broken. Looks like you'll have to find another car.

EDIT -- I can't get any of the cars to load but I can get everything else...maybe I need the Pro version.

EDIT2 -- DLed the new SU Viewer (which you might want to check out). I've DLed 3 other cars and I got one of them to load up, a tuner (spit). The SUV is free, it lets you change the camera angle but cannot make any modifications to the object. If you don't want to then that's fine, fire off a list to me and I'll snag em and see what loads...there are some muscle cars but they're all prepped for competition shows with hoods up and doors open. Failing that I'll do some research and draw it myself (drawing cars is how I got into art in the first place).
    Last edited by Ascension; 06-10-2009 at 10:07 PM.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

Darn it!

Thanks Ascension. It was just that one particular car I wanted.
    For now.

I can always Gimp the requisite livery on it, but I need an overhead of the 74/6 Ford Gran Torino.

Of course, if you want to create one from scratch I'd be pleased, but it might be easier for me to find someone with a die-cast model and a digital camera...

And yes, that's a request for any of you closet Starsky fans out there.
    Mapping a Traveller ATU.

See my (fantasy-based) apprenticeship blog at:

http://www.viewing.ltd.uk/cgi-bin/vi...forums&sx=1024

Look for Chit Chat, Sandmann's blog. Enjoy.

I was thinking of heading to either the hobby shop or a toy store to see if they have something that I could get a pic of. If someone has a model then the job just got real easy.