Thread: WIP: Lao Ma for Serenity

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post WIP: Lao Ma for Serenity

Hello all,

First time poster here. I have been working on a city map for a Serenity game (and sharpening my cartography skills, I am not getting paid for this one but it is always good to practice practice practice) and was wondering if I could get some input.

I use Adobe Illustrator for all my map work exclusively. I am self taught, which means I could probably do a lot more if I were to find out everything that the program can do

Here it is, for those who are not Serenity/Firefly fans this is an amalgam of scifi and western, so I was looking for something relatively modern but with a western feel. The layout is not intended to be balanced, as many of the buildings closer to the train-stop are either boarding houses or warehouses (along with bars and whatnot) and some of those further out are more focused on the community. The Bond Commons functions as a kind of 'city center' for example.

I'm wondering if I should not thin out some of the buildings located by the train stop.... I was planning on some of them being new construction (the town is a boom town in more ways than one).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	town006_161.gif 
Views:	220 
Size:	291.0 KB 
ID:	404