Thread: Delmore

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Novice

Post Delmore

Ok, after the comments made in the old thread (which was in the wrong area so can I request a Mod to delete it please) I done some rework on the original map and also started taking some of the kingdoms and started work on regional maps for them.

So there's a number of files attach to this, ones the reworked world map with rough kingdoms mark on. The other is a Map of the Kingdom of High Daria (No towns on it yet, as i still not 100% sure I like the base map).

The world map, as lost the lands around the north pole, because we decide they really wouldn't have been there, (would have been an icecap) So removed them added sea to that area. and smoothed out some of the other islands in places. But this is mainly done with Fractal Terrain Pro and a very small amount of GIMP work to clear up a couple of errors that I couldn't get rid of in FT. But hopefully the effect is better than before.

The Kingdom map was done in GIMP, using the great guide i found here by RobA here. The way i got the base image for it, was by setting Fractal Terrain to land being all white and sea to all black, to give me a very defined map which i could then cut out the individual islands for the kingdoms, increase their sizes and actually go from there. Worked pretty well in general. Still not convinced on the forests and i think the mountains I might stick a second lay of them on to give some more height. This was actually the second one I did the first being of Ashendas, which was ok, but i think I will redo it as the second attempt is a lot better.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	geopolitical.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	1.45 MB 
ID:	14086   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	High Daria.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	861.6 KB 
ID:	14088  
    Last edited by enazel; 06-11-2009 at 09:14 AM.