Thread: The shockingly original title, "new here!"

Post The shockingly original title, "new here!"

If you hadn't guessed, I'm new here. I've been drawing fantasy maps by hand for years, but never used any computer assistance.

I'm looking to learn the tricks of the trade to take my maps to the next level, and despite being quite familiar with computers from a technical aspect, this art stuff is confusing the heck outta me. Hope you all don't mind a guy asking some really really stupid questions, I hope one day that I'll be able to put something up that will make all the stupidity worth while.

Ask as many questions as you like! We pride ourselves in providing friendly and constructive help as I hope you will have seen from reading other threads.

Welcome to the guild and looking forward to seeing your maps!

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Welcome to The Guild. I'm sure you'll find lots of help with any questions you have.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by schuster View Post
    Hope you all don't mind a guy asking some really really stupid questions, I hope one day that I'll be able to put something up that will make all the stupidity worth while.
    Just to give you the benefit of my many years of teaching recruits in the army, here is some advice about stupid questions....

There are only two types of stupid questions: those never asked, and those whose answers are ignored and asked again. If you don't ask, the question will never be answered, and if you don't understand the answer, it might be that you didn't ask the right question. There is nothing wrong about asking a follow-up question for clarification.

That been said, Welcome and ask away.

See you in the WIPS
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent

Welcome to the Guild!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave