Thread: WIP Kobold Tannery

Post WIP Kobold Tannery

Hi there. I'm a bit of a newby at this so forgive me.

Here's part of the kobold tannery dungeon I'm working on.

The blue area is an underground river where rafts come in bearing a cargo of fresh skins taken from human victims.
    This is also where the kobolds wash the skins and remove all the dirt and grime and remaining flesh and whatnot. Later, I'm going to draw boats and barrels and things in here.

The green area is an acid pit made from kobold urine. The kobolds use it to remove the hair. There is going to be a narrow plank going across, sturdy enough for a kobold to work on, but quite perilous to adventurers.

The brown area is where the kobolds pound dung and brains and preservatives into the skins. There are going to be tool/weapon racks and some barrels in here.

The area after that is where the kobolds hang up the skins and stretch them out to dry.

This map is actually the middle of the dungeon. After I finish this part I still have to do the entry where the kobolds recieve and hold their captives for flensing, and then I have to do the outgoing area where the skins are inspected by the dracolich lord of the keep then shipped out to market where the skins are traded to orcs and gnolls.

What do you think so far?

*edit*
    I used GIMP to make this.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tannery.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	392.4 KB 
ID:	14126  

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Not bad so far, but I think the river is "to square". I would make the edges a little more irregular, unless of course it's been purposely built that way.

The urine pit could also use a little more depth to it.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Thanks!
    It's still far but done, but I've done some more work on it. What do you think now?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tannery.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	424.1 KB 
ID:	14140  

Blog Entries

Thats a big improvement ! Im gonna rep this.

Thanks!

Any suggestions on how I might show strips of leather hanging from the ceiling, seen from a bird's eye view?

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Much better...birds' eye view of leather strips - that's a bit of a tough one. Might be better to have various piles on the floor or have them hanging over 'saw-horses'.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.