Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: May Challenge Winner: Ravells - A Game of Pikes

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Post May Challenge Winner: Ravells - A Game of Pikes

We have a winner in our FIRST Mapping Challenge!

Congratulations Ravells!

I'll have the June Challenge topic up sometime within the next day or so!
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Congratulation!

-Rob A>

Although I am a little upset that my drawing was not only routed in the final competition but not even on the list, (*sniffle sniffle*) I do have the satisfaction of knowing that all three entries were sweet, it was fun, and although small, I think the mapping "challenge" contest is off to a great start thanks to you guys!

Congrats, Ravs. You rock.
    Don
    My gallery is here
    __________________________________________________ _______
    "Keep your mind in hell, but despair not." --Saint Silouan [1866-1938]

Congrats Ravs! A well deserved honor indeed!
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Here's a thought - We may need to consider doing badges instead of the big icons. Especially for members like Ravs that is sure to win more than one contest. That way other members will be able to see just how stupendous some of our cartographers our.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

That's very kind, but I think if Don (or many others here) had shaken more than a little finger it would have been a different story. Still, I see this as the honour of taking part rather than the win.

Although..I do agree with Rob (Miller) that the badge is obscenely large and I would prefer something little or nothing at all (although I do thank Rob (Arcana) for his kind gesture).

Ravs

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yeah, after seeing it in use, I'm not too pleased with the reward size myself...BUT...I won't be able to change it until tomorrow.

Its kinda temporary as it is. Right now i"m using Special Ranks...which of course eliminates the postcount rank thats automatic. I don't like that because if you're an industry pro or a community leader or something, the challenge rank would override that. I plan on retooling the forum to allow a "flag" for contest winners that wouldn't be utilizing the rank.

And Don...I "assumed" that A) since you didn't repost your entry when I asked for it and B) your entry was kinda in the humor/sarcasm vein that you didn't REALLY enter the contest hehehe. You know I woulda voted for ya though :* (Just kidding Ravs)
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana
    And Don...I "assumed" that A) since you didn't repost your entry when I asked for it and B) your entry was kinda in the humor/sarcasm vein that you didn't REALLY enter the contest hehehe. You know I woulda voted for ya though :* (Just kidding Ravs)
    Oh...you know I was just kidding, right? It was just a goofy, sarcastic entry for a quick laugh. The above post was supposed to be the same, but perhaps my humor didn't come out right. Sorry. I was just joking. Any of those three sweet entries deserved to win!
    Don
    My gallery is here
    __________________________________________________ _______
    "Keep your mind in hell, but despair not." --Saint Silouan [1866-1938]

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Congrats on the win!

Just a thought... would it be possible to link the trophy icon to the challenge thread?

Eric

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast