Thread: South Shore Island

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post South Shore Island

I drew this map of South Shore Island as the First map i have done since joining the Cartographers Guild. So its basically my “Skill o meter” or “Show me what you got” map. It was educational taking a map seriously for the first time in years and I plan to build on that.

This map is drawn by hand on 4 pieces of paper and then put together on the Computher as well as the text. All advice is more then welcome.
    South Shore Island is named after the fact that it only has a beach on its south shore and has rocky cliffs to the east, north and west. Leaving only the south open for the settlers. This island is one of King Romulus Ghaleheart’s Colonies. Ghaleheart’s kindom itself is quite small and its farms can no longer support its population, so the only way to continue is by colonizing as much of these islands as possible.

Pirates, Tribes , sea monsters as well as land monsters, rival kingdoms, lost civilizations and hair trigger political relationships make this kingdom and its many colonies very exiting for the kings men, Adventurers and Cartographers alike.

[Edit] My Apologies for the double link, But it either shows to much detail or not enough, this way the viewer can pick his preference. And its my first attempt at posting a map by use of the forums system.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	South Shore Island.jpg 
Views:	365 
Size:	1.32 MB 
ID:	14136   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SouthShoreIsland.jpg 
Views:	201 
Size:	116.0 KB 
ID:	14137  
    Last edited by Lennart; 06-13-2009 at 03:02 PM.