Thread: Eastern Lands of the County of Urnst (World of Greyhawk)

Wip Eastern Lands of the County of Urnst (World of Greyhawk)

Since I got the brigand caverns done, I now needed a map showing their location in relation to the player characters' homebase (the Town of Aldkeep). I still have a lot of work ahead of me. I still need to add various details to fill out the map and fix a few spots here & there. This is what I have done so far (mainly the forests and started the forest path).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	county_of_urnst_map.png 
Views:	1086 
Size:	1.61 MB 
ID:	14172

I drew the trees by hand and scanned them into the computer. Coloured them in Photoshop. Same with the bandit's cave in the top forest. The building symbols were found online and are in the Public Domain.
    Last edited by Turgenev; 06-15-2009 at 03:53 AM. Reason: Fixed typo
    Cheers,
    Tim

Paratime Design Cartography

"Do infants have as much fun in infancy as adults do in adultery?" - Groucho Marx

Nice start. I REALLY like those tree trunks, they are just awesome! Also, the shading on the hill and path/road is very nice also.

My only complaint at this point would be your canopy color is rather bright, and I could do with a bit more variation. Especially at the thumbnail size, it looks like the exact same tree copied multiple times(of course, I know it's not).
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Nice start indeed...
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Thanks guys. Don't worry about the colour, I'll be adjusting it by the time I get to the end product. It's on my list of things to do.
    Cheers,
    Tim

"Do infants have as much fun in infancy as adults do in adultery?" - Groucho Marx

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Coming along nicely... good to see you doing something besides dungeons and ship plans.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Thanks SG. I've been working on this when I've been finding the time. I hope to post a new version soon. Things have gotten busy on my side of the virtual fence so it might have to wait for a few days.
    Cheers,
    Tim