Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Inn and Tavern

Guild Apprentice

Great effect Daniel! Thanks for taking the time to explain it. It will work great in other maps that I do.

I'll play around with it a bit to see if I can adapt it to this one as well.

In this map the light source isn't casting light from the top of the stairs downward so the shadow won't fall on the next lower step. Because the light source is at ground level, the exact opposite will occur with a variance in shadow length based on elevation.

I chose to use direct lighting for this render and now I''m beginning to regret that decision.

I'm (sort of) sorry to entropize, but this about made me fall off my chair laughing!

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    This looks great man. I saw the stairs quite easily (I've been known to have a very bright monitor). The only thing that I see is that the rug by the front door isn't going to last a week...all of those teamsters, wagoners, mercenaries, wannabe heroes, and town drunks are gonna drag their muddy boots through that doorway and ruin it. Conversely, there are none on the second floor.
    (Nothing against rugs or non-rugs on my part. Really.)
    -÷-÷-÷-÷-÷-÷
    “It is not down in any map; true places never are.” (Herman Melville)

“A good map is both a useful tool and a magic carpet to far away places." (unknown)

Guild Adept

Neat map. Where does the trap door go in the kitchen? Is it just some sort of pantry/cold storage area?

I used to use CC2 a lot. Maybe it is time to upgrade and play with that a little.

Guild Apprentice

The trap door can be used for many purposes. I originally included it as a hidden lockbox for storing money. It's usually hidden under sacks of grain or crates, etc...

It can be used as storage, a quick escape route under the floor when things get too roudy in the tavern, or an entire substructure can be drawn and accessed by ladder through the kitchen.

It's entirely up to the imagination.

Guild Adept

Modular. Awesome.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12